onsdag den 18. maj 2011

Wardancers Finished: Orion

The chief deity in the wood elf religion, Orion, awakens every spring like the forest he protects. When he does so he blows his hunting horn which signals the beginning of "The Great Hunt". He hunts the natural enemy of the wood elves, the so called "beastmen": Men mutated by by the warping effect of chaos. Orion uses dogs to chase down the beastmen.

I decided my wood elf dancers would reenact this hunt, so I made an "Orion" dancer to lead this ceremonial "hunt". Others would would then play the roles of beastman and various different creatures of the forest.

As the god Orion is male, I thought it would be cool to make the dancing Orion female. e.g. it has to be a female to avoid offending/challenging the real Orion.



My main idea for the troup of dancers was that I wanted each to be easily recognizable from one another at a distance. I did this by emphasizing on their headgear and weapons. Make these bigger  and more prominent compared to their clothes. Then the clothes could be quite uniform to mark them all as being part of a group.







Photos by: Fruzsi Gaal

I sculpted the body first, then the head. Weapon and horn were sculpted seperately and then attached with glue.

The skeleton was simply two pieces of 1,1 mm wire twisted a few times around each other. Nice and simple

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar