tirsdag den 17. maj 2011

Wardancers Pre production: Heads

Now that I'm confident in both green stuff and sculpy, have made big showpieces as well as a lot of individual sculptures, I'd like to take it to the next level and do minature work. I planned to make 5 cm tall minatures solely in green stuff.

This time I would make my own interpretation of elven wardancers from the Warhammer universe. They are essentially elves who fight and dance. Used for religious seremonies and general mirth.


 

First off I wanted them to have differently shaped heads from that of humans. I wanted them to look alien, but somehow still attractive. I made some sketches and then proceeded to make two test heads using sculpy. Here I'd also establish the difference in cranial shape from man to woman. The female would have a smooth forehead while the male would have a pronounced jaw and brow.





Photos by: Fruzsi Gaal

I concluded the headshapes to be a good mixture between pleasing and disturbed, although I found the back of the skull too big and alien-like on the male.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar