fredag den 4. marts 2011

Fourth dragon sketch: The wings


Next up came the difficoult task of sorting out the physiology of the wings; How to place the arms and subsequently the wings compared to each other. It had to have both or it wouldn't be a proper dragon!

I decided after some deliberations to place them next to each other and not on top of each other, as I'd seen other  people do. I was sorely tempted though, as it would probably be easier to do, but if I placed the wings on top of the arms, then there would be no room for the shoulder blades and muscles connected to the arm.
Hence I had to figure out how to place the limbs in  front and behind each other,

I also played around a bit with the look of the wings themselves; I took my inspiration from pictures of bats as I thought it would look the coolest, but also becaue I tend to go for the classics when it works.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar